Jun 11, 2011

A little more.

I've decided I'm going to be posting more about my personal life:) That way even if it's a little bit of info about my day or some random thing, I will at least be posting something! I've found that I'm not super motivated to post about my photo sessions every time. Not because I don't think all my clients are fabulous, but because I feel like my fb page is my main focus for posting photos from shoots and that it can get a bit redundant when I post here about the same thing:) With that said, before I share about my life right now, I have  a question for you all! You must vote about what you would most like me to blog about. Here are your options:

A.) Photo shoots
B.) Photography help & tips
C.) My life
D.) Random facts
E.) Joys and struggles of owning your own business OR
F.) None of the above...something totally different!

And yes...you can choose two :)

I want to know what you guys would most like to read about...then I feel like it makes my blogging worth while:) I will also try to post this on my fb page for you to vote.

So here is my "real" post for today...I had a REALLY busy, but wonderful day! This was not a surprise to me...but it did wipe me out more then I expected. My day really started off with a wonderful lunch date at Plutos with my friend, Danielle. It was so fun to spend time together and just chat away. Then I headed over to my first shoot of the day...a senior shoot with Alyssa:) She is so cute. I also had the pleasure of Danielle shoot with me for this one. She is not only a friend, but a fabulous photographer:) It was so much fun shooting WITH someone else! I have never done that for a portrait shoot and I really, really enjoyed it. It was nice just having someone there to bounce ideas off of, help direct the client, and share technical tips. I have a feeling this will happen more often:) We found some new amazing "secret" spots down town...and that was so fun! It's hard enough to have unique locations that aren't OVER done here in Chico...so it was a treat!

I then had a short break and enjoyed nice, cold water at Starbucks. About 15mins later my second shoot of the day begun. I was smart and planned both shoots downtown...this way it shortened the driving time. Roxanna & David's engagement shoot started in front of Bidwell Pres church and continued around downtown. They are just a gorgeous couple and it was SO fun to shoot them! They were great sports too...willing to try everything I suggested, even if it meant laying in the dirty grass in pretty clothes:) I am so looking forward to shooting their wedding in Santa Cruz in July! 

All my shoots for the day wrapped up at about 7pm:) I then met up with my hubs and we got delicious Burger Hut to go...it was just what I needed after a long day in the heat! Honestly though...I was craving a refreshing lemonade the most. We wrapped up dinner. I cleaned myself up (I seriously had dirt caked on my feet and sweat everywhere). THEN back to uploading/backing up/sorting/editing I went! Here I am hours later just about to wrap up my work day. 2 shoots down, one finished editing, 3 more to go. I am looking forward to tomorrows shoots...I think they will be great! Praying I get good rest and have energy...when going to be at 4am. Hope you enjoyed hearing about my day! :)

Katelyn :)

No comments:

Post a Comment