Feb 1, 2013

Life As of Lately

I randomly got the urge to write a post about life lately. A lot has been going on and I feel I haven't shared much with you all for awhile...so here's a post to update you on LIFE as of lately :)

First of all, I cannot believe that it is FEBRUARY already!!! As you all may remember, a year ago I was massively prego and now in just a few weeks my sweet boy is turning ONE!!! I know I say it a lot...but it just blows my mind!! What an incredibly AMAZING year it has been to say the very least. I will be posting a more in depth post of our first year with our sweet boy shortly after he turns one...so stayed turned ;)

I have been working away planning his birthday party. I am so excited! I have LOVED planning parties since I was a kid. I would plan my own birthday parties when I was as little as 8years old. I would plan the "theme", the decorations, food, what we'd be doing, etc. I loved it! I would also plan all my class parties and was often the "class party planner", haha. It was so fun. So when it comes to planning my OWN baby's FIRST birthday, as you can believe I am beyond excited!! For a few months I have have had a "monster" theme in mind.  I just thought it would be a fun, but not too "baby-ish" theme...and still very boyish :) Picture lots of bright primary colors, cute little monster faces, fun patterns, and googly eyes everywhere! That's a little glimpse into it ;) I will definitely post pics of his bday party after!! The best part- Ryden gets a kick over the cute little monster cut-outs I've made and thinks they're so funny! He's so cute.

As you all may remember, we moved just a little over a month ago. We went from living in college town...to out in the country in an OLD country house with no houses in sight. Night and day difference! I am really loving it here. I do miss our old home. We were there for over 3years and it was home. And of course the extremely sentimental side in me came out when we moved. That house was the first home Ryden ever lived it. The first place we brought him home. The first nursery he ever had. The first place he started crawling. The first place he took a bath. The first place he slept in his own crib. The first place he ate food. The list could go on and on. I don't mean to get all mushy on you all...but if you're a mama you will totally get it ;)

Even though I miss our old home, I do not miss the location and I definitely do not miss all the crazy college students, haha. I am so thankful to live where we do. It's so beautiful out here..surrounded my orchards on all sides. I love going on walks with Ryden all the time. The stars are so bright, it's so quiet and peaceful...I just love it. Our house is pretty awesome too. It has a lot of character....which is what I love most about old homes. It has a huge porch on the front and two in the back. I always tell my hubby, "I can't wait for summer, when we can sit on our porch drinking lemonade, watching the sun go down while ryden runs around playing". Can't wait. I also love our living room. It's huge, with huge ceilings and so much wonderful space for ryden to go crazy playing in. Oh and I absolutely LOVE the fire place. I never knew how nice it is having one! It's so warm and cozy. I now must have one in our future home, haha! I plan on posting home pics very soon. Remind me if I forget!

There are of course a few downsides to living in an old house...especially one that is over 100years old. For one, it's old. Haha. Which means everything in it (mostly everything) is old, really old. The flooring in a lot of the rooms is not level and slants one direction, haha. There are gaps in between the baseboards and flooring that exposes the under part of the house. Oh and the big one...there is NO central heat and air. I feel silly complaining about this...because we are so spoiled in america...so "comfortable". But if you've ever lived without it...it's a big adjustment to say the least! Thankfully our gas stove heats a good deal of the house...but it's suuuuuper expensive to run...so you must savor the time you have it on. A little nervous about summer coming...but I'm sure we'll just roll with it and it will be fine!

Thirdly, not really sure if this is the third update...but I'll just go with it ;) I have really been enjoying this time during my "off" season. It has been such a wonderful break. I'm still not use to having saturday's off! So fun. I've even been getting to bed at a decent hour! No more 5am nights like during last crazy November ;) I've been busy prepping for this wedding season...organizing all my files, updating everything, brainstorming new ideas, and studying and soaking up all the photography knowledge I can get! You can and should never stop learning. Even when your business is "successful". You can always be improving, growing, expanding your skills, etc.

Even though this off season has been sooooo nice, I am so so so excited for this season to start up again!!! I am so thankful for the awesome, seriously awesome couples I get the honor of working with this year :) Love being part of their lives. I have some awesome weddings and portraits on the horizon. I even have two destination weddings! One in napa (YES!! bucket list one for sure) and one in TEXAS. Cannot wait. You guys should be excited too! That means TONS of new, awesome photos and posts coming your way ALL YEAR LONG! Okay, now that I left you a book to read...I'll end it here! Thanks so much for reading. Your support and encouragement means so much to me and keeps me going! Hope you enjoyed reading about my LIFE...as of lately ;)

Katelyn :)

I had to share a pic of the invites for Ry's party! I'm so proud of them!!! ;) And thanks to my mama for helping me with them! (Don't mind the crappy phone pic ;) )





No comments:

Post a Comment