Jul 8, 2013

Business Update: I'm a Wedding Photographer(!): Chico California Photographer

Hello lovely people! For those of you that are loyal fans and have been following my work for the past few years, you've probably noticed many changes. Which is very important and expected as I grow as a photographer and business owner. One of the main changes being, shifting my focus to being a Wedding Photographer and no longer a Wedding & Portrait Photographer.

This change has been slow and natural as my business has progressed and moved-forward. It was only recently that I have decided to focus on Weddings & Engagements and no longer promote myself as a 'portrait photographer' as well. This decision was based on a few things. One of the main things being the continued increase of growth in shooting weddings. Every year since I started in late 2009/early 2010 I have set increasing goals as to how many weddings I'd like to book each year. Every year I have reached that goal and then some. This year being my busiest year yet with booking 18weddings. As weddings and engagements increase my time is being soaked up with them, which leaves less time for portraits.

As my business is shifting in the direction I always hoped, the desire for this change is not only for the lack of time for portraits, but more importantly the desire to pour all my energy and drive into shooting amazing weddings and engagements full of passion and creativity. I want to give them my all and continue to move forward with them, pushing my skills to the limits and reaching all my goals!

Now for all of you faithful returning portrait clients of mine, no need to freak out! I will not leave you hanging ;) I plan on still making time to shoot portraits for my wonderful returning clients. If my schedule allows, I will also make time to shoot a few new portrait clients, but those will be very limited. My main portrait months will be only March & November. The best times for spring or fall photos. Again, I will make a few exceptions, but those will be on a case by case basis.

Since the beginning I have loved shooting weddings SO much and knew that was where eventually I'd like to focus my business. I am so so grateful to firstly the Lord for so richly blessing my business and then of course my husband for being the best business partner and supporter ever!

Thank you all for being part of this amazing journey! I SO appreciate your support, encouragement and faithfulness to choose me as your photographer. If you do desire to book a portrait shoot for this November for fall photos, please contact me now to snag a spot. Again, there will be VERY limited spots, so please if you really want one, let me know. You can email me: katelynowensphotography@gmail.com. You also are welcome to email me anytime with questions :) Love you all!

Katelyn :)

Be excited!!! This lovely wedding hits the blog this week!!! ;)






No comments:

Post a Comment