Jul 18, 2013

L.A Wedding: Evan & Rebekah: Chico California Photographer

What an amazing day this was!! I loved being a part of it. I started the day meeting at Rebekah's apartment for her getting ready photos. I felt HORRIBLE because like never before I arrived almost an hour late!!! People are not kidding about getting stuck in L.A traffic. It is insane!!! Definitely not my favorite part about L.A ;) This was actually my first time meeting Rebekah and I instantly LOVED her! She is SO sweet and genuine. She was one of the most joyful brides I'd ever seen. Just GLOWING and full of pure excitement as she got ready for the day (you'll see what I'm talking about below!).

We then headed to The Chapel in Hollywood where they were to be wed. Thankfully my trusty GPS served me well! The Chapel was such a quaint, elegant place with the best indoor natural light ever! Whenever I don't have to use my flash is a happy day for me ;) The ceremony was so beautiful. Evan & Rebekah were beaming, so giddy and so in love. Such an amazing thing to witness and be a part of.

After the ceremony we headed down the street to Lacma Urban Lights. It was a gorgeous location for photos! One of my favorite parts was how there happened to be a purple flowered tree that scattered purple petals everywhere that matched their wedding colors perfectly!! Ah! Loved it! I wasn't sure how the light would be because it was slipping away from us, but I LOVED how it ended up turning out. Rebekah was such a GORGEOUS bride. Such a beautiful couple!!

We only came across one road block during portrait time. The exact place where we wanted to take photos actually under the light posts there was a live concert going on with a TON of people scattered everywhere!! The live music was fun, but it definitely made it a little tricky for photos. I just had to shoot up a lot and get a little creative with editing people out, haha ;) You would have never guessed from the photos below that there were people EVERYWHERE. Photography magic ;)

The reception took place in The Grove at a little Italian place called, Maggiano's. It had the BEST Italian food ever. So good. The reception was held in this quaint little fancy ballroom like room that fit all 50 guests. I really do love small weddings. So intimate and special. After dinner everyone danced the night away!!

Such an amazing wedding. So thankful to have been able to capture it. Thank you Evan & Rebekah for choosing me to photograph your wedding. I loved shooting your wedding in L.A and had the best time!!!

Enjoy my favorites from their day!!

Katelyn :)

















































































No comments:

Post a Comment