Jun 21, 2013

Our Adventures in L.A & DISNEYLAND!!!: California Photographer

We had the BEST time on our mini L.A/Disneyland work/vacation trip!!!!!!! I've been so busy with wedding season this month, that I didn't think about our trip until a couple days beforehand. Because of that I had little expectations for it...which I think is one reason it was so AMAZING. I just soaked up every moment and loved spending time with my boys and our close friends.

We stayed with our good friends Scott & Gabe who live in L.A. It was SO good to finally see a little glimpse of their lives down there and their cute apartment. It was also just good to spend time with them! We felt so comfortable staying with them...and that is just the best feeling when you are guests in someones home. They even cooked for us a few times!!

As you know, the main reason we went down there was to shoot a wedding. The wedding took place on friday and it was so much fun! I just love Rebekah and Evan and LOVED shooting somewhere new! You can check out a few sneak peeks from their day here: Evan & Rebekah. The restaurant where the reception took place was so gorgeous and had the best Italian food!

Saturday we spent the day driving through Hollywood and hanging out at the Grove. It was so fun to see all the people dressed up as different movie characters hanging out on the streets of Hollywood! I did not expect that, haha! The Grove is this AMAZING shopping center with restaurants, shops, live music, etc. We have nothing like it in Chico! We walked around, went to a candy shop, ate at "The Fat Cow", and rode the trolley. The Fat Cow had the best food and coolest decor ever (you'll see what I mean below).

Then sunday rolled around and we went to DISNEYLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had not been there since I was 11years old and it far overdue! I am a true kid at heart and that part in me really came alive that day!!! I was seriously beaming, smiling from ear to ear from the moment we walked through the gates, to leaving the park at 12am!! I don't know what it is, but it is truly a magical place! It really does feel like your in a different world. The rides are so so so much fun!! The parade was awesome!! And the fireworks and shows are so amazing!!! I had forgot how amazing it was there! Everything just WOWed me!! Ryden loved it too!! He even got to ride on some rides! I had no idea that some of the rides don't have a height requirement...and it was so fun to get to go on rides with him! He rode the pirates ride, small world, dumbo, pinocchio, and the train ride. He is such a brave boy! He went all day love just in awe of everything. I could go on and on about it, but I don't want to bore you ;)

So thankful for our AWESOME trip!! Sometimes when you're a business owner, the only "time off" you get is when you go out of town and leave your work at home. I asked my hubby if I book a wedding in L.A every year, can we go to Disneyland...and he said yes! haha ;) Hoping we can go back SOON! Enjoy lovely instagram pics below from our trip!!

Katelyn :)


 On our way!!

 He did such a good job entertaining himself on the long drive :)

 Sweet sleepy boy :)


 Stopped and had lunch at the Apricot Restaurant :) 




We're here!!

After shooting the wedding. Sleepy boy!
Cute sleepy boy in the morning :)

 Hollywood!

 
Hanging out at the Grove!!

 

Riding the trolley :)


 My hot hubby!!


The view from the top of the 8story parking structure was amazing!!
Lunch at The Fat Cow!

It was yummy!!
 Sleeping the same way...so cute!
DISNEYLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Indian Jones ride...my favorite ride!

Splash Mountain!!

Disneyland tired ryry out! (In front of the Haunted Mansion)

Sleepy boy, in line for Pirates!


This is a special spot! I remember having my face drawn right there when I was 11!

He LOVED his juice box :) Felt like such a big boy!
 Love the castle!!

 Big boy on the Dumbo ride!!

The first time I went to Disneyland when I was 5years, I bought a monkey stuffy. I thought it would be special to do the same for Ry!

Hope you enjoyed a glimpse of our trip!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment