Sep 28, 2012

The Balance.

I never ever thought I would be a "working" mom. I also never thought I would be running my own photography business and doing something I love. Both I love VERY much...but of course there is one I love more...being Ryden's mama :) It's something I've dreamed of since I was younger. I have always loved kids! Sometimes I still can't believe I'm a "mom". I still feel like a kid myself at times...life is just zooming by!

Thankfully, although I am technically a "working" mom...I still feel like a stay at home mom :) At the most I'm only away from Ryden one day a week on saturday's when I have weddings or portrait shoots. One day a week away from him is nothing! AND he get's lots of daddy time on those days...which I love.

During the day when I'm home with Ryden I try to do very little work. I will post blog-posts & a photo or two...but no editing. I do this so that I can truly feel like a stay at home mom and give him my full attention. I've found that the couple times that I've attempted editing when he's up, I often get distracted and feel like I'm neglecting him :)

So, I've learned to leave all my editing for after he goes to bed at 9pm. I stay up into the wee hours of the morning editing away! I usually edit from 10pm-3am. I get a solid 5hrs in...and thankfully since Ryden sleeps 12hrs at night...I still usually get 7hrs of sleep! It works out pretty well. Yes, I'm often tired...but I'd rather be the best mom I can be, and give him all the care and love he needs...and make work my second priority.

Like all things in life, finding a balance between the many things going on is often hard. Sometimes editing work is piling up and keeping up with the blog is time consuming...and Ryden needs me more then usual...but I try to do my best! I'm just thankful that I can be a stay at home mom AND pursue something I'm so passionate about! I really owe it all to the Lord...he has blessed my life so much and I am forever grateful!!!

This is a pretty random post...but hopefully some of you mama's out there can relate to trying to balance it all! And hopefully you can be encouraged to continue to put your sweet babies first the best you can :)

Katelyn :)







No comments:

Post a Comment