Nov 20, 2012

Tip Tuesday: I Am Thankful!

With thanksgiving coming our way in just a couple days, I feel it is fitting to write a blog post about what I am thankful for. And let me tell you, the list is long...because I sure do have a lot to be thankful for! And don't worry photog's out there...there will be a little photography tip for you in this too.

Many of you know the story of how I came to be a photographer/business owner. I share a little bit of it on my website (www.katelynowensphotography.com). I have always LOVED art ever since I was a kid. So naturally when it came to picking my major when I was in school, art was definitely at the top of my mind. I majored in art, with my emphasis photography. I loooooooved it. Once I discovered my love for photography specifically, I knew I wanted to have my own photography business, but didn't really think it would happen. I mean when the success of your business is dependent on others liking what you do and your work, you just don't know if it's going to work out. So when my business began to take off and really grow I was beyond excited and more then anything THANKFUL. I mean really, how often do you get to do something you love!?!?!? I still can't believe it sometimes. I feel so blessed.

More importantly, other then my business I am thankful for MANY things! More then anything I am thankful for my amazing husband...who is so so good to me and who makes life so amazing. I am also beyond THANKFUL for my incredible, sweet baby Ryden who brings me more joy then I've ever experienced in my whole life and blesses me SO much! I am also so thankful for our wonderful families. We really are so blessed to be surrounded by such amazing parents, siblings and grandparents who we get to live life with. I am also thankful for the wonderful lifelong friends we have in our lives...so grateful for them! Of course there are MANY more things I'm thankful for...those are just a few :)

If you are a photographer out there just trying to get your business up and running, I encourage you to of course continue to work hard, but more importantly be thankful for everything you have! You be amazed how far things can go with a thankful heart. Never feeling like you "deserve" everything to work out for you or "expecting" it, but just being grateful and appreciative of all you have. All the clients who've taken a chance on you early on, thankful for people supporting your business year after year, growing as a photographer more and more. No matter where you're at, there is plenty to be thankful for. The more you are thankful, the more appreciative and grateful you will be as you business continues to grow and in result your business growing even more.

And of course I cannot forget who I owe all my thanks to. I would not have anything to be thankful for, if not for Jesus and all he has done for me!! He is the one who has blessed me beyond all I could ever hope for and it is Him who I am the most thankful for!

Thanks for reading guys! Hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your families!!! Enjoy a few photos of what I'm so thankful for. I know you all have probably already seen these...but these photos will forever be SO precious to me!!

Katelyn :)











No comments:

Post a Comment