Dec 7, 2012

Heather & Derrick: Wedding

Welcome to my very last wedding of the season blog-post! It was most definitely a wonderful wedding to end on :) There is something special when you shoot a friends wedding. I think anytime you know someone a little better, you feel a little more a part of what's taking place. A little more connected to it. That's why I try to get to know my brides & grooms beyond just a client-vendor relationship. That's why I try to build a relationship and connect with each of them.

I met heather way back in our early high-school days. She was just a year behind me and we quickly bonded through our high-school youth group. So many fun memories! She was always such a genuine, encouraging, fun friend. I remember when her and Derrick started dating a few years ago...and I was so excited for her! You could tell from the very beginning that there was something very special between them and marriage was in their future ;)

When they asked me to shoot their wedding I was SO excited!! Like I mentioned above, shooting a friends wedding is a BLAST! Everyone feels comfortable around each other and that definitely helps during the portrait time :) Heather and Derrick complement each other so well. They also love others so well together AND really enjoying being together...and it shows! As cliche as it sounds, it was such a joy to capture their love...and to be part of the best day of their lives!

And I have to mention what a beautiful, fall day it was! The weather was perfect and the location gorgeous. We even got to start the portrait taking time in the park in the gorgeous redwoods. Heather & Derrick had their first look there...and it was so pretty!!! I LOVED the light!!! Definitely shooting there again ;) Enjoy my favorites from their wonderful day! What a great wedding to end the year on!!

Katelyn :)






































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment