Dec 12, 2012

Mount Family

I have known Lauren since we were little high schoolers! We became fast friends when Lauren entered high school as a freshman and I was a sophomore :) We had many lunch dates and fun times together!!! She was always such a sweet, fun friend...full of energy and excitement! I took Lauren & her hubby, Bobby's engagement photos a couple years ago. I had so much fun with them!

Lauren emailed me about doing a shoot and told me about how the only gift her mom wanted for christmas was photos of the family all together. Lauren's brother, Joseph was currently on leave and they only had a short time all together. How could I say no to a chance to document such a special time?

I was soooo excited on the way to this shoot...it was an overcast day!!! Many people think that photo shoots are ruined, due to an overcast day...with the sun hiding...but I disagree! Yes, I love love love shoots with golden, warm light...and have really cultivated that as part of my "style"...but I also LOVE an overcast shoot. For one, you can shoot ANYWHERE. You don't have to worry about harsh shadows, too much sun or not enough light. The options for backdrops is virtually unlimited. Two, the clouds act as a "diffuser" on the sun...which creates mild light, with rich colors. Which if you ask me is the perfect light for fall shoots. It really brings out the bright colors! You'll see what I'm talking about below ;)

To top everything off everyone looked absolutely adorable! Straight out of a magazine!! The colors, patterns and textures went together perfectly. Not too matching...but just enough to look pulled together. During the shoot I got word that the fashionably creative, Lauren was the organizer of their awesome look! And I am not surprised...she always looks so cute herself ;)

Enjoy my favorites from this beautiful fall shoot with the Mount family. They were really easy to capture...with all their natural smiles and laughs...which I love!!

Katelyn :)










































No comments:

Post a Comment